We have adopted this policy voluntarily and may update it from time to time. By submitting information to us you consent to the use of that information and data as set out in this policy and any changes which are made to it. If you do not wish to be bound by this policy then you should not use the Websites.
The information you provide may be transferred outside the European Economic Area to countries which do not have the same or similar data protection policies. By submitting your data and information you consent to these transfers.
Which Websites does this Policy apply to?
This policy does not apply to information obtained other than through the Websites.
What Personal Information is collected by us?
We together with Queen Productions, Universal Music Group and Nomad Advance S.L. (which manage certain aspects of the Websites for us) collect information which is volunteered by you. Sometimes this information is necessary to operate certain aspects of our websites (e.g. where you have requested updates via email, we would require your email address). Other information may be requested to improve the Websites and/or the services we offer from the Websites.
The information may be requested at various stages of your visiting the Websites, be it registration as a member or use of forums and message boards. In all cases, the type of information requested will be clear to you.
If you are purchasing something from our Websites’ shop then we may need to collect your credit card details or other payment account details.
How we will use Personal Information collected at the Websites?
Demographic information (i.e. information relating to age, gender, location etc. but not specifically identifying you) may be aggregated and disclosed to third parties. This information will never identify you or your computer personally.
We may use your personal information (such as your name, postal address, email address and other contact details) to update you on the services and features that we provide from the Websites. We may do this by email, telephone, SMS, MMS and other media, unless you have specifically opted out of this feature through the opt out procedures as described below. If you request the updates from us, it is necessary for us to hold the personal information you provide.
We will not sell or disclose your personal information to third parties (other than our partners, agents and processors) without your prior consent.
Other Information Provided by You
We may make available services such as message boards and forums. When using the message boards and forums you are responsible for all information and materials posted by you. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of the personal data and if applicable account details volunteered by you and we do not take responsibility for any personal data submitted in this way.
Cookies and Analysis
In addition, we may store on our servers your IP address so that we can identify returning visitors to our sites.
You can configure your web-browser so that it does not accept cookies. Please refer to your browser support for guidance.
Management of your Personal Information
If you are registered visitor, you will be entitled to update and/or remove your personal information from our database by following the procedure laid out on the Websites.
We will use all reasonable measures to ensure the security of your personal information held by us. However, publically accessible websites are susceptible to third parties’ activities and as such we cannot take responsibility if security is breached.
Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access the Websites you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and you should not share it with any third party.
Children under 16
We will not hold personal information where the subject has disclosed that it is under the age of 16 unless we have also received permission of a parent or guardian.
This privacy statement does not cover the links within these sites to other websites. Where there are such lists it is for convenience only. We do not control the content of any linked sites or the privacy policies of such sites. We therefore encourage you to read the privacy statements of the other websites.
If you no longer wish to receive any messages from us you can “unsubscribe” by following the instructions which appear in any of the messages you have received from us. We will use all reasonable endeavours to comply with your request as soon as is practicable.
Comments and Suggestions
We will keep a record of electronic correspondence you send to us in order for us to assess and improve the service we provide to you via the Websites.
This agreement was last updated on 1st November 2009.
By proceeding beyond this point you agree as follows:
This agreement is made between you and the Mercury Phoenix Trust ("MPT"), a registered charity in the United Kingdom, Charity No. 1013768.
|Parties||This agreement is made between you and the Mercury Phoenix Trust ("MPT"), a registered charity in the United Kingdom, Charity No. 1013768.|
|Definitions||“Code of Conduct” means the codes of conduct (whether listed together or separately) which may displayed by the Forum Operators from time to time concerning etiquette, protocols and other practices to be observed by Forum Users;|
|Events||means any officially branded MPT concerts or fundraising events;|
|User||means any person viewing, interacting with or otherwise accessing the Website;|
|Forum||means any part of the Website where a User may post information and/or upload Web Content not originated by the MPT for display at the Website, whether or not that content is controlled by an Operator, the User or the MPT;|
|Operator||means any party engaged by the MPT to operate the Website or any part of the Website or its functions;|
|Servers||means the servers on which Web Content and User Data may be stored from time to time;|
|User Messages||means any notices or information posted publicly in any Forum by Users;|
|User Data||means any information displayed at or acquired via the Website concerning Users;|
|Web Content||means all software, layout, logos, marks, artwork, literary works, musical works, films and any other constituent elements of the Website from time to time other than User Messages and User Data;|
|Website||means the website the homepage of which is currently found at www.mercuryphoenixtrust.com and any future incarnation of this website;|
- You shall not use the Website, Web Content or User Data in any unlawful manner or in any manner likely to bring the Website or the MPT into disrepute.
- You shall not use the Website in any manner likely to injure, offend or become a nuisance to the MPT or any User and in particular you shall not send so-called spam emails to any User.
- You shall not sell, republish or otherwise deal with User Data without the written consent of the relevant Users.
- You shall not copy any part of the Web Content without the written consent of the MPT and (if applicable) the copyright owner of the Web Content.
- You shall not attempt to access any Web Content that is protected, locked or otherwise not openly accessible to Users nor shall you introduce any virus or other technological harm to the Website, the Servers or to any User.
- You shall observe all relevant Codes of Conduct.
- The MPT reserves the right to suspend or terminate your membership of the Website at any time without notice.
- The MPT may, either by itself or through its Operator, retain all User Data relating to you for the purposes of its own market research and any other lawful use consented to by you. For the avoidance of doubt, the MPT shall not supply User Data relating to you to any third party other than its Operators without your permission.
- The MPT may in its sole discretion delete any User Data relating to you from the Servers without reference to you.
- You warrant that all User Data supplied by you shall be accurate.
- You grant the MPT the irrevocable perpetual right to publish User Messages posted by you on the Website and/or in relation to the Events and to attribute those messages as coming from you.
- You warrant that User Messages posted by you shall not be blasphemous, defamatory, deliberately or recklessly false, likely to injure or infringe the rights of any person or bring the Website or the Events into disrepute.
- The MPT reserves the right to disable or remove from the Website any User Messages provided by you without notice to you.
- Neither the MPT nor any director, Operator, subcontractor or employee of the MPT shall be liable for any loss caused to you in connection with the Website save in respect of any negligently caused physical injury or death. In particular, the MPT makes no warranty as to the accuracy of User Data or User Messages.
- You indemnify the MPT for any loss caused to the MPT resulting from a breach of any warranty or undertaking under this agreement.
- The laws of England shall govern this agreement and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Contacting the Mercury Phoenix Trust
- If you have any questions or concerns about this Agreement or the Site or Service, please send us a thorough description by email to email@example.com.